Thursday, January 15, 2009

20 CCs of Knee Juice


I went to the Doc for a follow-up on my knee. He drained over 20 ccs of fluid. Filled up about something similar to the picture. It was all yellow and reddish. I actually got a look at it this time before he squirted it in the sink. So gross. He also gave me a cortizone shot to help with the swelling.

I hate needles so I wasn't feeling so hot as I stood up to leave. Had to get out into the cold air asap and lay on a bench for a while. Still felt kinda queasy when I got home. Blah.

But my knee has been feeling good. I've been boarding on it a bit. Not 100% still but I'm working on it. I can't wait until I'm back to normal and can jib and ride like I want to.

I have yet to be in the park yet or any type of fun jibbing. It's calling my name. Especially now that there isn't steady pow riding. It all just looks so freakin fun! Geez!

2 comments:

jtippets said...

uh gross! Hey whats up? so i keep thinking about those people that were taking pictures with the cops after the game in New Orleans. Funny stuff! can you post it or email me the picture you took so i can show jake. Love Ya!

Rita said...

D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G! I've heard that cortizone shots are miraculous for lots of people and I hope you're on that list for fast healing. How's the new semester/